- Touch Screen: Having a touchscreen is a huge benefit because it makes the user experience better. Texting is easier because of Swype, and games can be more interactive. If you buy an LG Android phone, you’ll have a touch screen
and be able to do a lot more than if you had bought the standard phone.
- Apps: Droids and iPhones have access to huge app markets where you can find anything from productivity tools to games. This means you can use your phone for virtually any task you can think of.
- Internet Access: Smartphones have the ability to access the Internet if you subscribe to a data plan through your cell phone service provider. This means you can look up information on the go anytime you so desire.
- Geo-Locator Technology: Many people who have a smartphone enjoy being able to use a GPS to get to where they want to go. Geo-locator technology is also useful for apps like FourSquare, where you can check into locations and get area specific information and promotions.
- NFC Technology: This is a fairly new feature of cell phones, but pretty soon everyone will be paying for things at stores with their cell phones instead of using credit cards.
Smartphones are going to continue to get better as the years go by. It will be interesting to see what changes are made.